Join Forest Arts Centre as we host a weekend of open air comedy and music on the grounds of Hampshire Cultural Trust's beautiful Rockbourne Roman Villa - all ages welcome! Join us on Sunday afternoon for family friendly music with…
Celebrating the past, present, and future of African dance music - Harare are one of only a handful of Zimbabwean dance ensembles in Europe today. Fronted by the exuberance and charisma of Zimbabwean musician Kuda Matimba, Harare feature a groundbreaking line-up, mixing the buzzing acoustics of the Southern African rich-toned marimba, mbira, ringing jingling guitars, swooping basslines, irresistible dance rhythms and uplifting vocals. Virtuoso marimbist Kuda Matimba was a member of Zimbabwe’s legendary Bhundu Boys; a groundbreaking force in the African music industry, they paved the way for countless artists to reach commercial success around the world.
Still Moving DJ’s
The Still-Moving DJs are a lively, unique and alternative DJ duo with a well-stocked but carefully chosen selection of music by great musicians, with live percussion, ship lanterns, original vinyl records, gramophones, tankards and... dinosaurs! - Not to be missed!
Event: Sunday 30 May, 2pm
Tickets: £15 adult, £5 11-15 years, £0 under 11s
Book all three nights to get all adult ticket(s) for £35 (£10 saving)
2. 29 May: Music with Harry Skinner and The Courtiers
3. Plus 30 May: Music with Harare and Still Moving DJs
How it will work
We’ll be seating households and social bubbles at a social distance for the performance, in line with government regulations. Please make sure that booking is for your household/social bubble only. This will give us an idea of how many groups/picnics there will be on the day. If you want to book for someone else who isn’t in your household or social bubble please book their tickets as a new transaction.
Keeping you safe
To help keep everyone safe, we have a number of measures in line with government guidelines. Please look out for an email from us in the run up to the event which will give detailed guidance (please check your spam/junk folders), but these will include:
- Giving you a warm welcome at a safe distance
- Accepting pre-booked tickets only
- Using signage to help you maintain social distance
- Providing hand sanitiser for you to use
- Reducing capacity for this event
- Asking you to limit social interactions before, during and after the event to a group of no more than two households or up to six people from different households
- We encourage audience members aged 11+ to wear a face covering
- Collecting contact details for customers aged 16+ as required for NHS test and trace
- No refreshments will be available on site but you are welcome to bring your own picnic
- Toilet facilities will be provided and regularly sanitised throughout the event
How to get there
The event location is Rockbourne Roman Villa, Rockbourne Road, Rockbourne, near Fordingbridge, SP6 3PG. This is a rural address therefore please use our postcode with your Sat Nav.
Buy tickets for our Harare and Still Moving DJ’s at Hampshire Cultural Trust’s Rockbourne Roman Villa with Forest Arts Centre now!
Please ensure you select the correct ticket(s) option when booking. We will be checking tickets upon arrival and reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not hold the appropriate ticket(s). Activities are subject to change and this event will take place dependent on government guidelines in place at the time